Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

0 devices when trying to generate RME reports

We have LMS 3.1 and RME 4.1.1, when we try to generate any report we cannot select any device because it appears "0 devices" and we get a HOME0002 error, attach the error here, we have checked the RMEHome.log and get a huge output also attached here, we also attach de pdshow output and perl configureDb.pl action=validate dsn= rmeng output, we're not Cisco Works experts so we do not know what to do.

Please if anybody could help in this issue would be great.

5 Replies 5

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.1 seems quite outdated and i would recommend you to move on to LMS 3.2 (LMS 3.2.1).

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Rigth now the customer is not able to do such thing, that's why we need to solve the problem

Try to turn the AV off or exclude the $NMSROOT/CSCOpx/* directory (including sub-folder) in Active scan of your anti-virus. Follow the following action:

> Stop Daemoms (Net stop crmdmgtd for windows | /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop for solaris)

> on CWLMS server via command prompt CD to $NMSROOT/databases/rmeng/ directory.

> Remove the $NMSROOT/databases/rmeng/rmeng.log

> run following command :

dbsrv10 -f rmeng.db

> start the daemons back (Net stop crmdmgtd for windows | /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop for solaris)

Wait full 10 min after it starts and check if that works.

-Thanks

Thanks Vinod but I was absent last week and the costumer is telling me that they tried to made a backup of LMS but it failed and now the solution is entirely out of business, so now the cutomer is thinking to reinstall the whole solution.

Again thanks for the response

What is the error the Backup fails with? Try it from CLI :

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl

eg:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl c:\backup\

CLI will show you each line it backs up and will show the error on spot for failure. For current failure, please check if you see any generic error for backup failure in NMSROOT/log/backup.log. I would recommend to take a backup even if it takes some t/shooting as it will make your new LMS much more easier after re-install.

Also, i would recommend if you have planned for a re-install make sure you install LMS 3.2 directly instead if LMS 3.1 again.

Following is the Installing and Getting Started With CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 3.2 guide :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/lmsigsg.html

Hope it helps.

-Thanks

Vinod