cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X upgrade via CW

Network Support
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I'd test this with a pair of 3750X's before starting on production stacks.   Thank god.

The stack-pair currently runs universal 10.2(53)SE2, but we noted a bug affecting CPU cycles, the fix being in 12.2(55)SE1.  I loaded the IOS into LMS, pointed at the stack-pair, and fired.  Sure enough, LMS reports a SUCCESSFUL.

In the attached file, you will find the Work Order and Job Results output, as well as the resulting "dir" and "sh boot" command output from the stack.  My concern is that only the master in the stack has the new IOS, and the boot parm is only affected on the master.

If anyone has thoughts on getting the entire stack upgraded with this process, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Mike

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like RME is managing this stack as a standalone switch.  What is the sysObjectID?

I've attached a screenshot from a Detailed Device Report.  Let me know if that's what you need.

No, I need the sysObjectID from the stack.  Go to the SNMP Walk tool in Device Center, and perform a walk on sysObjectID.

There's a tonne of output, but I believe this is what you wanted:

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst37xxStack

I've attached the entire output.

This is the correct sysObjectID.  However, RME should not allow distribution of .bin images to 3750 stacks.  In order to properly update all stack member,s you must distribute .tar images.  How did you setup this job?  What version of LMS are you using?

Thanks Joseph... that did it.  TAR image correctly uploaded to both and modified the boot parm on both switches.  After the reload (which took very long... like, 20 min), both switches now running new image.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card