cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 Inventory collection fails

neonetsup
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded to LMS 2.5 -- rediscovered network, found all my devices, but inventory collection on the 6509 fails.

In Inventory Collection job details, the message says "Device sensed, but collection failed"

Device credentials are correct, I'm not sure where to look next.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Keyan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it a 6509 with a SUP 720? If so those are not supported right now in LMS 2.5. I contacted TAC to verify this. An IDU that supports inventory collection on the 6509s with 720s and config archiving on the 4510s is supposed to be released at any time.

Thanks for the reply, it is a 6509 w/720 sup.

mgatterer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,..

I've the same inventory problem.

I've 6509 but SUP 2 not 720...

Credentials are correct.

Perhaps the same bug ?

Greetings

Mario

Was this every fixed. I'm using LMS2.6 and encountering the same problems:

Unable to enterBladeSession() for Module No.15 Vendor Type=wsf6kmsfc2aFailed to fetch modules configs using TFTP. Not supported. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device. Unable to enterBladeSession() for Module No.16 Vendor Type=wsf6kmsfc2aFailed to fetch modules configs using TFTP. Not supported. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

A sniffer trace reveals that it intially does a "write terminal all" command. However, the devices appears to send resets. Not sure if this is a bug, has anyone got it working on an MSFC2?

This error has nothing to do with inventory collection. This is a config archive error. To debug config archive problems you should enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, reproduce the problem, then look in the dcmaservice.log for errors. A sniffer trace is also helpful, but your description of the trace is confusing. A write term all command should not prompt RST packets from the device.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card