cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8300 Voice configuration

derek-summers
Level 1
Level 1

Just received some 8300s and am attempting on configuring the dial-peers and voice-ports and am not having any luck.  I must be missing a step pror to being able to configure these.  I have a config from my 3925E's that I am trying to duplicate.  I understand the commands may be different on the IOS XE.  I am following the steps from https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/dialpeer/configuration/guide/xe_3s/vd_dp_se_3s_book.pdf, on the Dial Peer Features and Configuration pages and the router is not recognizing the commands.  Just about everything from my 3925E config has been working.  can anyone provide some guidance on wehre to start?  I can send you my config to review.  thanks 

4 Replies 4

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @derek-summers ,

can you tell us what exact commands are not accepted by the 8300?

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

sure.  I have tried to copy the configurations from my existing 3925E configs, for example, one of my configs looks like this:

dial-peer voice 101 pots
destination-pattern 4101
port 0/1/0:0

When in Conf T, I attempt to enter: dial-peer voice 101 pots, and I get the typical % Invalid input detected at '^' marker, that you get when a command is entered incorrectly.  I have also tried to create the Session targets with a "dial-peer voice 1 voip" and get the same error.  The same happens when I try and configure the voice-port.  I have tried to query to see what commands are available and I dont see voice-port or dial-peer as an option.  

One other thing I failed to mention, I have not received the DNA license yet, working on getting that as we speak.  Could that be the problem?

Yes, the DNA licenses make a huge difference in this situation - you need them to activate certain functions on the router like IPSec, voice protocols, etc.

Until you get the DNA subscription, there is a workaround you can try. I'm not sure it will work for you, but you don't have anything to loose. On the router you have some perpetual DNA licenses you can activate until your DNA subscriptions arrive in your Cisco Smart Account.

You can activate them with the following command:

C8000v(config)#license boot level network-advantage addon dna-advantage

Save the config and reboot the router. Check to see it the licenses are activated with the show license usage command. You should see something similar with the following output:

License Authorization:

network-advantage_250M (ESR_P_250M_A):
Description: network-advantage_250M
Count: 1
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED
Feature Name: network-advantage_250M
Feature Description: network-advantage_250M
Enforcement type: NOT ENFORCED
License type: Perpetual

dna-advantage_250M (DNA_P_250M_A):
Description: dna-advantage_250M
Count: 1
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED
Feature Name: dna-advantage_250M
Feature Description: dna-advantage_250M
Enforcement type: NOT ENFORCED
License type: Subscription

Once your DNA subscriptions arrive, you can remove the license boot level command from config and after reboot you can start using those.

Now after activating your permanent licenses on the router, you can configure the dial-peer voice:

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 4101
port 0/1/0:0

Hope it helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Sorry it took so long to get back on this subject, I have been gone on a work trip for a while.  I was able to apply the information you provided and that resolved my issues.  thank you so much.