Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA authorization failed

poojaryp1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am configure the tacacs in nexus 9200 switch.

After run the command AAA authorisation commands default group GROUP_NAME and getting error AAA authorisation failed AAA_AUTHOR_STATUS_METHOD=17(0x11. Can someone help me please.

Thanks ,

Prashanth

3 Replies 3

I Need to see all aaa config and vty lone config to make reviews what issue here. 

MHM

I agree that it would be nice to see the configs. But given that Prashanth is getting authorization failed when he attempts to do things on the device I suspect that he will not be able to show us the configs.

I have had the experience (more than once I must admit) of configuring things like authorization and finding myself locked out of the device. So I developed this set of steps when getting ready to make that kind of config change:

1) make a fresh copy of running config in startup config (and if you are a bit paranoid maybe a copy off of the device also).

2) schedule a reload in X minutes (estimate how long you think it will take for the config changes and add a few minutes).

3) make the config changes.

4) if all is well (no problems from the config changes) cancel the scheduled reload.

- if the config changes had a problem and you are locked out wait for the scheduled reload.

At this point I believe that what Prashanth needs to do is to reboot the 9200. This will eliminate the aaa authorization config changes (and perhaps some other config changes) and allow him to access the switch.

HTH

Rick

The reload in X minutes has been a lifesaver for me more than once!