Views
Helpful
Replies

Any tool to check from OID number to know OID serial number

tomhumford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Would anyone know how to check the OID serial number if already know the OID number?

For example, if the OID number of a device is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2804 then how can we know the OID serial number?

Thanks,

Tom

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What do you mean by 'OID serial number' ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes

Hello,

you might be confusing two things:  the OID "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2804" itself doesn't have a serial number; it represents a unique identifier within the SNMP management information tree, and associated information is retrieved through SNMP queries based on that OID. It has nothing to do with serial numbers...

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@tomhumford 

The OID gives a particular value of the device that you reach through SNMP, and you can get the serial number from it. The Serialn umber doesn't give you anything else than the Serialn umber itself.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

tomhumford
Level 1
Level 1

In this case, I found Serial Number OID for this kind of device is 

But any way to know Serial Number OID if we only know OID ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card