Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM 1.5 service won't start and pnp can't be enable

Voisardse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm making a POC network to test APIC-EM 1.5 functionalities. I've started with 8Go of RAM, upgrading to 32Go now with 8vCPU. I've installed the PNP 1.5.1.35 application, which won't launch:ErrorPnP.png

The unique service that isn't running is the apic-em-jboss-ejbca

The instance logs says : file service is not ready, retry after 30 sec.

I do not know what file service it is referring to, but the one in the System Administration is up.

What can i do ? Is this service the real problem ?

Sorry if my english is poor, and thanks in advance for your answers,

Sébastien Voisard.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-0-x/release-notes/apic-em_1-0-0_rn.html#pgfId-624644

- Check these requirements (for starters it seems you need 64 GB mem); check the other requirements in the document too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

First, thx for replying !

I've watch your link, but it's system requirement for version 1.0.0.x of apic-em, if you see this link : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-5-x/install/b_apic_em_install_guide_v_1-5-x/b_apic_em_install_guide_v_1-5-x_chapter_0100.html#id_36797

For version 1.5.x, it says 32 Gb RAM minimum for single host. The only things i don't have for the moment in this requirement are the web access and maybe the disk I/O.

Let me know if you think i've made a mistake,

Sébastien Voisard.

Voisardse
Level 1
Level 1

So, i got some news. The PnP is now working. How and why ?! I don't really know, the only thing i've made was to re-enter the config_wizard. My thoughts are : for the first installation, my resources were under the prerequise, so APIC has load the minimum, and this configuration has never changed since.

Also, the apic-em-jboss-ejbca is always in starting mode, that hasn't changed since last time, and because of that it's now the IWAN module that won't start.

Hope this can help others.

Sébastien Voisard.