Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA EEM Script

chhayheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

There are 2 different between IOS and ASA software. I used to configure track IP SLA with EEM is much easier than ASA.
My purpose I have ASA with G0/0 and G0/1. I want to detect link failed or interface failed on G0/0 then EEM execute to shutdown interface G0/1.

Please help me with this case.

Best Regards,
CH

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Depending on your design, I suppose you want to trigger the passive ASA to become as active box? If Yes, you don't need any EEM script, just by monitoring interfaces you can trigger the failover. This could be done by using monitor-interface command or via ASDM on ASA Failover configuration tab.

However, if you still want to do EEM, I would use syslog event in order to know if interfaces is going down then doing some actions like:

event manager applet ASA_interface_Shutdown
event syslog pattern "Interface GigabitEthernet0/0, changed state to down"
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 2.0 cli command "config t"
action 3.0 cli command "interface g0/1"
action 4.0 cli command "shutdown"
action 5.0 cli command "end"

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi supportlan,

On ASA no feature event syslog pattern:

Best Regards,
Chhayheng

Yes sorry, I was writting and thinking EEM on IOS.

The only syslog supported on ASA are syslog id.

However I would like to understand what do you want to achieve? Is it to trigger a failover?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi supportlan,

Now it's working fine. thank you.

Best Regards,
Chhayheng

Ok you used monitor-interface feature right?

Thanks
Francesco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card