cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

prime infrastructure 2.2 - Username or Passwoard Invalid for a user newly created

You-Heng EA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have CISCO Prime Infrastructure 2.2

After creating a new user from "Administration > Users, Roles & AAA" the login always fails with the same error "Username or Password Invalid" whereas those information are known as good.

Have you encountered this issue?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "root" username is reserved as it is a built-in account. If you want to change the associated password that "root" uses in the GUI, it must be done from the command line.

CPI/admin# ncs password root password ?
<WORD> Type in root user login password (Max Size - 80)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "root" username is reserved as it is a built-in account. If you want to change the associated password that "root" uses in the GUI, it must be done from the command line.

CPI/admin# ncs password root password ?
<WORD> Type in root user login password (Max Size - 80)

Hi,

The screen capture which shows the root user is a automatic redirection after the login error and induces to a misinterpretation of my issue..

Here is again the probleme:

- I created a new user: "monitor" asociated with a virtual domain and with a password which matches correctly the rule.

- When trying to log in with this user "monitor": this error occurs "Username or Password Invalid"

Tests were made several times with different users and the same error occurs. 

There is no problem with root/password.

If you're using virtual domains, I believe you need to prepend the domain name to the username when logging in.

Hi,

The CISCO virtual domain is not the domain of the LDAP.

The issue is coming from the fact that the radius is always activated to permit any user to log in CISCO PRIME except for user root.

So I changed this mode of authentication to fallback local user when radius authentication is failed and it is OK.

Thanks for participating to this discussion.

Regards