Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9k 5.2.2 Event manager repeatedly unregister user script

beajonb1903
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I registered couple of tcl scripts in ASR 9k event manager. But, after few days, the event manager automatically unregister the scripts. It also generate some error logs.

eem_policy_dir[201]: Can not get the event Description: 'Embedded Event Manager' detected the 'fatal' condition 'error from operating system': Operation not permitted
eem_policy_dir[201]: Can not get the event Description: 'Embedded Event Manager' detected the 'fatal' condition 'bad API control block address'

Any idea?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This has been reported a couple of times before, but it was never reliably reproducible.  What has been reported to work is to restart the router or more specifically the eem_server process followed by the eem_policy_dir process.

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your comment. In our production NEs (ASR9ks), it is happening in a regular manner. We have been monitoring our scripts' registration in those NEs for a month and see the discrepancies. Restarting the router in production network is not a feasible solution for us. Restarting those processes works most of the time (not always!). But its a tedious job for large number of NEs is production and the issue comes back after a while. I was wondering if there is any permanent solution or any known bug that Cisco is working on. Again, I appreciate your comment.

Open a TAC case and reference bug CSCul33740.  It's closed, but since it sounds like you can reproduce this at will, there is some debugging you can capture to hopefully determine why this is happening.

Sorry if I gave you wrong expression. I didn't mean to say that I can reproduce it at my will. What I wanted to say that, it is reproducing itself. And, since we are monitoring that in a weekly basis, we can identify any such event in a closer time window and collect the required logs, if any. Yes, we are going to create a TAC case anyway. Just looking for forum support before going that path.