cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AX Routers

dacruzer1
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at purchasing ISR4331 routers and we are looking at two flavors of the IOS, one with AX and one without.  The price difference is a little over $1000.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience or managed an AX router and what are the benefits? Is it worth the extra $1000?

Thanks in advance !

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We are looking at purchasing ISR4331 routers and we are looking at two flavors of the IOS, one with AX and one without.  

There are two types of people who go to restaurants:  One who reads from left-to-right and another who reads from right-to-left.  

What's the significance?  A lot of people who buy Cisco gears are the type who reads from right-to-left.  Nearly all of the people of this "type" gets to buy the wrong gear fitted for the purpose.  

What am I getting at?  The price is the last thing you need to look for.  What I want to know is this:  How big is your WAN link and what is going to be your WAN link like in the next 5 years.

Answer this very basic question and we'll be able to help determine if you've picked the right router model for your needs.

The WAN links range from T-1 to 10MB.  Most likely they will stay at this range within the next 5 years.

The WAN links range from T-1 to 10MB.  Most likely they will stay at this range within the next 5 years.

Toink!  10 Mbps up to 5 years???

4331 would be a major over-kill for a measly 10 Mbps link.  You can potentially look at the Cisco 890 routers.  The routers come with either an 8-port Layer 2 switch built-in or a 24-port Layer 2 switch (with 8-ports PoE).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: