cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup and restore LMS 3.1

luisalviarez
Level 1
Level 1

We have cisco works LMS 3.1  and the server have very problems, we need format the server and reinstall the Cisco Works, when I doin backup and restore of data LMS We lost the licenses? or when we restore the data in the server we have the same licenses? or get the new licenses to cisco?

5 Replies 5

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll have the same licenses, because the LMS backup saves them and the restorebackup script will restore them into a fresh LMS install.

Hi if I have media (CD) the version 3.0 and the data backup is 3.1 I have the problem when restore the data, I doing first upgrade to 3.1 ??

thanks for your help

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To be on a safer side, keep a backup of NMSROOT/etc/licenses directory where ciscoworks keep the licenses.

Also, LMS 3.1 is pretty old, hence i would recommend to install LMS 3.2 if you are planning for fresh install LMs 3.2 requires the same license and the LMS 3.1 data can be migrated from backup.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi vinod thanks for your help, I try to upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 but show the error that version of the other modules RME, IPM, CS......

Wen upgrade the version from this modules i show erroe on each modules

If you dont have the data, I would recommend a clean install for LMS 3.2 and not an upgrade. without looking at the error, it is hard to tell if it is an cosmetic one or imapcting.

LMS 3.1 is anyways EOS/EOL soon. Follow these tips for windows:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

-thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card