Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup LMS 3.2

juan.florez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I scheduled a weekly Backup using GUI in Common Services; the backup generates a folder and it size is around 300MB (managing around 300 devices). Supposing that the server fails and i have to restore all configurations and databases, is enough with this backup??

In other words, the backup that is taken is just for the databases or it includes databases and configurations and everithing to restore the server exactly as the one that failed?

I'm also trying to schedule a backup using pearl utility but I can't find any document with a guide to do that. If somebody knows how to find one please let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.

Juan Florez.

2 Replies 2

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan,

the document how to use a perl script - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/2.5.1/data_migration/guide/bkppl.html.

Backup stores the databases and main properties (minor properties could be missed, for instance the job schedule time for some jobs).

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for your help.

Juan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: