Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practice to Setup LMS 4.2

Boon Keat Gan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are in the midst of setting up LMS4.2 Solaris version.

We are not sure what to start and what thing best to setup. Is there a tips or guide on what is the must setup features in LMS4.2?

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

First of all make sure you have the required resources to installed LMS 4.2 :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/install/guide/install/prereq.html#wp1169605

LMS 4.2 is a Bundle where by default you will have all the application installed like common service , RME , DFM etc.. what features you want to use ,it is up to you.

If you are familiar with the previous version of LMS i.e LMS 3.2   , you will found all the same feature here with some more added in the list.

After you installed LMS 4.2 , on the top hand right side , you will see and ICON called " legacy" that will give you the navigation path as it was in LMS 3.2.

you can check the user guide for more feature understanding:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/admin/admin/preface.html

If you have any query on a specfic feature ,feel free to ask :)

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Thanks for the information. It is very useful for us.

As we only used LMS 1.2 before and it is setup before i join the firm.

I am in-charge to setup the new LMS 4.2 with the following requirement.

1. Alerting when switch have problem

2. Collect all startup config

3. Able to schedule firmware update

4. Able to have a dash board to see switch status

I know all the requirement above is stated in Cisco guide. but it will be nice if there is a blog that go thru all the setup steps by steps.