cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot sync Cisco 1941 router in RME 4.2.0

UWE STEINHAU
Level 1
Level 1

We just replaced some older routers with 1941's running the K9 of 15.0(1)M3 and "Sync on Device" no longer works in RME 4.2.0 and throws the following error:

CM0100 Copy PRIMARY Running Config to PRIMARY Startup Config on device failed Cause: MgmtOperation RUNNING2STARTUP is not supported on automatically supported.

However doing this manually on the router works just fine.

#copy running-config startup-config
Destination filename [startup-config]?
Building configuration...
[OK]

The cause for the "out of sync" is shown below:

Startup config:

Using 5116 out of 262136 bytes

Running config:

Building configuration...
Current configuration : 5116 bytes

The "out of sync" errors persist even after manually doing a 'copy running-config startup-config`. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is there a list of exclude commands?

Thanks...!!!

= Uwe =

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The packages look consistent with my server.  However, I don't have a 1941 with which to test.  Can you try removing this device from RME and re-adding it?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have the Rtr1900 package loaded in RME.  Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update to confirm this.  The latest version of this package is 2.3.  Once you do, you should be able to do copy start2running.

The list of exclude commands can be found under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands.

All device packages are up to date.

It doesn't look like you have the Rtr1900 package properly loaded as it appears the generic code is being used to manage this device.  Post the list of contents under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/rme.

NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs are shown in attached file LMS_packages.txt

NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/rme are shown in attached file RME_packages.txt

The packages look consistent with my server.  However, I don't have a 1941 with which to test.  Can you try removing this device from RME and re-adding it?

We wanted to see if there were any other solutions because we didn't want to lose the historical data but eventually deleted it and then let auto-discovery re-add it. That seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks, Joseph!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: