Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350 - DHCP not working after reboot

djivobutnot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am using CBS350-48-FP-4G for Dante distribution between Bose processor-amps and PoE for controllers.

After reboot, not a single device gets an IP adress from DHCP - few of the devices are visible in the address binding table (but without the PoE controllers) with state "expired". 

After searching the forums, I find a solution - deleting the pool and making it again - when I do that, Dante devices (amps and processor) are getting IP addresses, but the controllers - not. The only way to make PoE devices to get IP is to phisically unplug and reconnect them. 

I can't find a way to reserve IP addresses for everything, and after every reboot / power cycle the devices are getting different IP addresses, which is not desirable. 

I am looking for a solution from a week. I am new to Cisco, and I am using the Web Interface.

Please, can someone help me?

4 Replies 4

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

DHCP reservations can be set up through so-called Static Hosts. First, you need to put the WebIU into the Advance mode. It is in the Basic mode when you log in. Then, navigate IPv4 Configuration>DHCP Server>Static Hosts. Use the + button to set up a static host.

Kris K

djivobutnot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am in advanced mode. When I try to add static host, the web interface won't allow me to enter MAC address to associate with IP - the last dot and the two digits after it. 

As I wrote earlier, the biggest problem is with the PoE devices - they get power, but don't get IP addresses from DHCP.

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

The "solution" to delete and recreate the DHCP pool is really, really bad. You will not find your devices in the binding table unless they ask for IP addresses. A DHCP server issues IP addresses only when it is asked to do so. If you disconnect and reconnect a POE device, you rebooting it and then the device asks for an IP address again.

If looks  to me that you are trying to enter a client identifier instead of its MAC address. Take a look at the attached screenshot for a sample static host configuration.

KJK99_0-1698062413236.png

Kris K

djivobutnot
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to write "solution" - it is not a solution in my case. When I get back to the installation I will post a screen shot - I am definitely entering the MAC address in the MAC Address field, but it won' t let me write it/paste it whole. 

Anyway, I am expecting the switch to always give IP addresses from the pool, even after reboot.