Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350 gui not matching CLI with VLAN tags

TechFrank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Ive just configured a 4 switch stack using a mixture of the web ui and the CLI. I decided to set up all VLAN tags using the CLI as it was quicker to tag ranges of ports etc.

My issue is that after configuring all of the ports with their respective PVIDs and tagged VLANs,. i logged in to the GUI to check that the changes were reflected and i was shocked to see that they were for switch 1 (master), but the changes were not reflected on any of the other switches in the stack, even though a 'show run' from the CLI shows that the changes are there. I've saved the running config and rebooted the stack, but still no change, so i'm not sure whether to trust the CLI or the GUI now.

I've attached the full config in the hope that someone can tell me where i've gone wrong.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how are you saving the confg, what do you mean you can not see the config on other switches, in the stack only the master switch holds all the configuration.

can you post #show stack

write

To save the running configuration to the startup configuration file, use the write command in Privileged EXEC mode.

Syntax

write

write memory

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

After creating the config in CLI mode, I logged in to the GUI and then
saved the config within the GUI.

Whilst in the GUI, I selected switch 2 to view the config, but the VLANs
hadn't changed from what they were before I re configured them from within
the CLI. The VLAN ports are still tagged with what they were set up with in
the GUI and the new changes don't seem to have applied. After I reboot the
switch stack and then perform 'show run' from the CLI, the changes I made
within the CLI are still retained, but still, completely different VLAN
settings are still visible from within the GUI

Hello,

odd indeed. What user are you logging in with on the GUI ? I am thinking it might have to do with the privilege level of that GUI user....

What happens if you use the GUI to change a Vlan port assignment, is that reflected in both the GUI and the CLI ?

TechFrank
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, i managed to work it out. This was due to me missing a vital line in my CLI config. 

I had applied the config absoutely fine in the CLI and it was showing in the CLI, but because i missed out 'switchport mode general' - the ports were still in access mode. So the GUI was showing me the access mode settings. After assing 'switchport mode general' in to my CLI config after each interface was selected, the issue was resolved. All changes made in the CLI are now showing up in the GUI.

Silly mistake! Thank You!

Glad to know you able fix the issue, appricited your feedback.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card