Views
Helpful
Replies

changing the primary credential on LMS4.2

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We migrated to LMS4.2 and i created new credential set and set it as the default. However, the new cdredential set applies only to newly added devices no to the migrated devices. for example when i run device credential  verfication for a migrated device, the username used my LMS is "cwuser" as opposed to the one i created with the new credential sets. how can i make this new credentila set be applicable to all devices?

thanks,

Kerim

3 Replies 3

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kerim,

I think you have done the below.

you have restored an older dbbackup. Then you have created a new username/pwd credential set under default credential set. Now you want this to be applicable for all the devices. Assuming that you have done the new credentials like username/pwd applied to all your routers and switches. Right ??

-You can take a bulk import from CS and keep it as backup.

-Delete the whole device from CS

-Add only Hostname, ip address of the devices in Common services, Select the default credential set name, then add to list one by one (DONT click Next untill I say)

-Once all of the devices are added to the "Added to the list", then click next, next,next,finish. You do not have to give any new username or password in this procedure.

If your routers and switches have more than one default credential sets, you can select configure Policy Selection option available in common services, where you will be applying the different default credential sets to differnet ip address groups for routers/switches. you will have to just go thru the help option for more details. It is very easy.

Obviously its a time consuming job, but not more than 1 hr.

Rate if this was helpful.

regards

Rajesh

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the tip. I found out a much easier way to do it:

1)fcredential set you want ot use.

2)Inventory>Device Administration>Add/Import/Manage Devices

3)select all devices and click on EditCredentials

4)Select the Credential set you created on step 1 from the drop down menu and click finish. you are done.

Kerim

Admin > Network > Device Credential Settings > Default Credential Sets

Here you can make new credentials then go to add/import/manage devices and apply it to all devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: