cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 Startup-config question

smartin
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that the startup-configs reside on the nvram on the 1841 but is it possible to house these configs on the flash drive.

Here's my problem, have 60 - 1841's in remote offices. We are going with a new ISP. Instead of sending another router or using a modem to connect in to the router I thought I could have the configuration & IOS on a flash, ship the flash & have a user replace the flash with the new configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why not simply copy the new startup config into the NVRAM on the existing routers? That is, right before the ISP switchover, upload a new config file into startup-config, then reload the router. When the router comes back up, you'll be on the new ISP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why not simply copy the new startup config into the NVRAM on the existing routers? That is, right before the ISP switchover, upload a new config file into startup-config, then reload the router. When the router comes back up, you'll be on the new ISP.

I'm laughing because that is too easy, thank you for smacking me in the back of the head !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card