Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 in Cisco Network Assistant Version 6.3

Hello,

one of our customers has a stack of 2 Catalyst WS-C3850-12XS switches running IOS-XE Denali 16.3.6 he would like to add to his topology in Cisco Network Assistant.

When he connects to the switch IP, he can authenticate successfully but then the switch is shown as "Unsupported device" in CNA.

He uses CNA Version 6.3(1). According to the release notes, this model should fall under the list of supported devices: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version6/relnotes/ol32368.html

Any idea why it isn't working?

Thanks,

Patrick

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

It could be that CNA only explicitly supports v16.1.x :

Cisco Network Assistant 6.3 also includes the following enhancements:

Support for Cisco IOS XE Denali 16.1.x. on Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches and Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches

...although there are some resolved caveats for 16.3.x in this version.

cheers,

Seb.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Can't really downgrade the customer equipment for that, but I will check if we have a backup switch lying around to test the older version.
Still strange, however, that they speak of "resolved caveats in 16.3.x" then... Maybe because they are in stack?
Anyway I'll try and let you know.
Best regards,
Patrick

Hello again,

I managed to get a hand on a spare Catalyst WS-C3850-12XS which I tried with the IOS Version it was shipped with (03.07.04E), to no avail. The 16.1.x Version, however, I could not download from the Cisco website, because the release has been deferred.

Furthermore, we checked the integrated help menu of the CNA itself and interestingly, under the "what's new?" section, there is no mention of the 12-port model being supported, only 24- and 48-port variants, starting with release 5.8.5.

So it seems to me as if there really is no support for the WS-C3850-12XS and there is just some inconsistency between the release notes online and within the CNA. Unfortunately, we don't have any other 3580 models for me to confirm this!

Best regards,
Patrick