Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Air-CAP2702i Access Point (Setup/Reset) - PLEASE HELP!!! :(

Raymel02861
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Everyone.

I apologize in advance for my ignorance and lack of knowledge as I am new to using access points. Here's my issue...

I received a Cisco Air-CAP2702i Access Point from work. Our IT department upgraded equipment and they were going to throw it away. I current use Verizon FiOS as my internet provider and I do not use their router/MOCA device. I've been using third-party Linksys AC which works great but certain areas in my house does not get good receipt or we have 1-2 reception bars.

Silly me, I thought just reseting the AP (like a normal router) would allow me to get into the AP settings using the IP address (192.168...) but clearly that's not the case. When I power up the AP it immediately starts flashing Green, then solid but for a few seconds. Shortly after that it flashes red. I am not able to see the existing SSID that was used prior to me receiving it. I've tried the reset method of powering off the AP, press/hold the "MODE" (reset) button for 30+ seconds until it turns red. The AP eventually turns red but thats about it.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I've read so many forums of folks doing this/that and I can't get a straight answer nor can I figure out what the heck is going on. Is there a special tool I have to use in order to reset this or am I out of luck since it was used by my IT department at work? I am a Mac user. 

Thank you all,

Ray

2 Replies 2

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight
Hi. Do You have console cable? Your ap may be have Lightweight firmware for work with Witeless controller. For reset using Reset button, you must have TFTP server with autonomous firmware.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog

Hi, 

I don't have any other cables except the power brick. Can you point me to the cable and firmware? I think this is something I have to buy outright unless I ask the IT department if they can reset it to its factory settings. Thank you!