Replies

Cisco C3850 Stack not connect to Cisco Network Assistant

silviodaliana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

can you help me

i have 2 cisco c3850 on stack mode

when open Cisco Network Assistant it find it but not like switch but like "Wireless Client" and i can't management it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have numerous Cisco switches. Using CNA V6.2. This VERSION released May 25/2015. It's now over a year later and still no update on this software. USELESS!!

So using this software is useless for my 50 cisco switches. We were told that support for IE5000 series Industrial switches would be in the next release. When the christ is this going to happen??  2050??

Therefore when I bring up by network, shit looks broken and is also partially unmanageable with this software. So whats the point!!

But hey...its FREE...what the hell do you expect right?? No Shit Sherlock.

Why don't you just discontinue this CNA completely and stop annoying people with the hope this software will support Cisco switches,...when it clearly DOES NOT.

I find it deplorable that a company of this size cannot update a product they want people to use.

So to manage Cisco I need A 3RD PARTY solution. WOW...fabulous work guys. Keep it up.

I really thought Cisco was the Go-To-Company for switchgear. So much for that thought.

USELESS USELESS USELESS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CNA only supports certain platforms of 3850s

what version are you running on CNA and whats the full 3850 platform make , its could be unsupported

I have numerous Cisco switches. Using CNA V6.2. This VERSION released May 25/2015. It's now over a year later and still no update on this software. USELESS!!

So using this software is useless for my 50 cisco switches. We were told that support for IE5000 series Industrial switches would be in the next release. When the christ is this going to happen??  2050??

Therefore when I bring up by network, shit looks broken and is also partially unmanageable with this software. So whats the point!!

But hey...its FREE...what the hell do you expect right?? No Shit Sherlock.

Why don't you just discontinue this CNA completely and stop annoying people with the hope this software will support Cisco switches,...when it clearly DOES NOT.

I find it deplorable that a company of this size cannot update a product they want people to use.

So to manage Cisco I need A 3RD PARTY solution. WOW...fabulous work guys. Keep it up.

I really thought Cisco was the Go-To-Company for switchgear. So much for that thought.

USELESS USELESS USELESS.

hi

which 3rd party software do you use for management 3850 series?

Sorry for late reply...

I have been using HP IMC for managing my switchgear. HP IMC does NOT care what brand you have....it handles them all. (Cisco CNA is proprietary, so only Cisco switches)

Config, backup, restore, vlans, etc..it manages everything plus a whole lot more. But this is not FREE.

CNA was a good start with us initially but the fact they rarely update it tells me they don't care about it, or put much effort into it. 

Once we purchased some IE5000's last year in or around August, this CNA software became useless.

It does see them as neighbours, but you cannot add them to the "community" and therefore, "We Have a Problem Houston" and cannot manage the switch so this software becomes moot.

I would suspect the same behaviour forever. (updates to CNA are more than a year apart, and no response from Cisco on when we MIGHT expect an update?)

Buy an new Cisco switch today that isn't already supported in v6.2, and you might be able to mange it sometime in 2018 if your lucky.

Hmm lets revisit this today shall we:

Version 6.3 of CNA is out. Only took 18 months or so. But guess what?

This version is well....not ready for prime time....its just more junk from Cisco and it only took them 18 months to produce it. 

Will not open my "Community" adding devices one at a time and it still crashes. "processing discovered devices" NEVER ENDS.

So for the last year and a half, all I see is a broken network in CNA. Wonderful. Who could ask for anything else. It's FREE...Be happy. 

How is it the world of IT is going fucking backwards for fuck sakes. Jesus Fucking Christ!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card