Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3750 Redundancy

jeusefmatteo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im just starting to learn cisco, currently I already have a cisco catalyst 3750 configured for 3 vlans, and now im planning to have another 3750 for redundancy, any adivice or help please, how am I going to this? and if also possible please have provide a network diagram so i could fully understand...Thank you very much in advance for you help!

Thank you,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have two (or more) 3750 and they are all going to located in the same rack then consider stacking them.  That's the best redundancy you can have.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have two (or more) 3750 and they are all going to located in the same rack then consider stacking them.  That's the best redundancy you can have.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your help. Here is the network I just made, just to show you a hint on what im goin through. how am I going to apply the stacking here? thank you so much for you help!

how am I going to apply the stacking here?

Are both 3750 going to be located in the same rack or cabinet?

If they are, then look at the back of the 3750, particularly on the lower-left-hand corner.  The 3750 is one of the two unique model of swiches where you can inter-connect them to form one logical unit.  This technology/feature is called Stacking and you need a proprietary cable called StackWise cable.  You need at least one but for full redundancy you need both cables.

Thank you very much!!! it is really a very helpful info....thank you!

Thanks for the ratings.