Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional and Monitor Controller

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I am trying monitor bandwidth usage in Cisco Configuration Professional but I am getting this message "Collector Service for monitoring is not installed. Install collector service from Monitor > Traffic Monitor > Monitor Controller".

How I can install this data collector service??

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andre,

I'm not sure what you mean by "packet installation". Once I entered a drive letter (c:
) and clicked on the install button the program downloaded/installed the data collector app on its own. Did you watch the screen play from the link that I included in my original reply? It works just like they what they show on the screen.

Spencer

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

spencer6321
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a Windows 7 desktop so I don't know if this applies to XP or not.  The only place that I could get it to install was at the root level of a drive, and you need to put a double backslash c:\\ or e:\\.  I couldn't get anything else to work.  Cisco has a screen play of this at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/scrcst/Traffic_Monitoring/trafficmonitoring_pub.swf

Good Luck

Hi,

I use Win7 too.

But my question is where I can find Data Collector for download?

Andre,

It downloads once you enter a drive letter (c:
) and click on the install button, at least that's the way it worked for me.

Spencer

Ok this is the way to install. But I dont have the packet installation yet.

Where I can download this packet (data collector)? Do you have the link for download?

Thanks.

Andre,

I'm not sure what you mean by "packet installation". Once I entered a drive letter (c:
) and clicked on the install button the program downloaded/installed the data collector app on its own. Did you watch the screen play from the link that I included in my original reply? It works just like they what they show on the screen.

Spencer

Thanks spencer.

I was think necessary make the download before indicate driver for installation.

Now I understood and work here.

I was running around in the same circle for a while also.

jakub.bialek
Level 1
Level 1

For me it installed with no problem. I have followed the CISCO screen play. The only thing I cannot get is to display traffic volume. It always says that the data is not available for the persiod selected .... Strange because I have done everything exactly as in the movie...Any help?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: