Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco connection between devices of (different) networks

dieter-thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am a beginner learning networking with Cisco and I have the following problem: My computers can not ping to each other (either local or different networks). Normally from what I've seen in the ccna video of Network Chuck, when Ron tries to ping Malfoy, Ron must send an ARP package to find out Malfoy's MAC adress and then he must receive an ICMP package. 

In my case, the ARP package is sent from the switch0 to the router and when the router tries to send the package to the switch1 of the other network, the ARP package becomes an STP package and they never reach the recipient. 

My second problem is that I can not reset the simulation so that all the packages from the previous simulation get deleted. 

Can you help me through my two problems?

6 Replies 6

Hello,

this looks like a Packet Tracer project. Can you post the zipped project (.pkt) file ?

I would be really happy if you could help me!

Hello,

the problem was with the IP addressing of all three PCs. The IP addresses need to be in the same subnet as the IP addresses configured on the router interfaces, and the masks need to match as well.

Attached the revised file (saved in Packet Tracer version 8.1).

Janalima
Level 1
Level 1

A network bridge is software or hardware that connects two or more networks so that they can communicate. You can create only one network bridge on a computer, but one bridge can handle any number of network connections 

Myherbalife

dieter-thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I thank you very much for your help. Now my devices can ping each other. But I have one another problem. I can not reset the simulation. When I push the simulation button there some ICMP Packets from the simulations before. I can not delete them by pushing "reset simulation". Any suggestions? 

Hello,

Can you post a screenshot of that ? I am running the simulation, than reset it, I don't know what you (still) see after hitting the Reset button...