cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FPR2110-NGFW-K9 Cisco Firepower legitimacy

fbeye
Level 4
Level 4

Hello I was debating on purchasing said device but was wondering if there where any known issues such as bugs or glitches that will surprise me down the road. The model in question is a V01. I can’t seem to find any issues such as clock bugs but wanted to ask around. 

2 Replies 2

Hello,

obviously make sure that you always run the recommended software release. The entire bug/glitch issue is an ever ongoing thing and basically never stops. At the time you purchase the FPR device, it is deemed fully working, but always keep checking for issues (like those listed in the link below).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-630/known_issues.pdf

This helps, thank you.

I just now get nervous. I purchased a V01 ASA 5508-X and with a year it had the clock bug and became a brick and of course even though Cisco acknowledges a bug in the hardware (like when a car gets recalled for free) my 1200.00 Router was not repaired and had to buy a used one for 600 bucks, but by then I learned to get the V05. Was not a software issue apparently a hardware. So I want to make sure there were no hardware non-fiaxable bugs. But this is a great link thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: