Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 3.2.1 HUM Problem

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded from LMS 3.1 to 3.2.1. At the moment I am having troubles with HUM; each time I configure a device poller, the UPMProcess goes down.

Could anyone experienced provide me with help please?

Thanks,

Moath.

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  Moath,

Do you have any idea how many Objects you are polling in HUM  ?

As only the below objects are supported :

Health and Utilization Monitor (MIB Objects Polled)

The application supports polling upto:

•6,000 MIB objects in Solution Server with LMS 300 Device SKU license, and 60 devices being managed in HUM.

•20,000 MIB objects in Solution Server with LMS 1500 Device SKU license, and 300 devices being managed in HUM.

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/prep.html

Please try this and see how it works :

Try to disable few Pollers in hum and then check the status of issue.

or if we have an option to remove all the Existing poller and create a new one , you can do this as well as I suspect the we are polling more than waht is supported.

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Dear All,

For the sake of the completeness of this thread, the solution to my problem was as below:

There were around 60 pollers configured, most of them not being used. I deleted most of these pollers and kept only a very few of them. After doing few tests, I found out that the problem was not solved, thus I decided to open a TAC case.

Suprisingly, the second day I came, the problem seemed to have cleared itself. It could be related to reducing the number of pollers from 60 to 4.

HTH.

Thanks all.

Moath Rawashdeh

Hi Moath,

Thanks for the update..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card