Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS. Config Archive

Dmitri Popkov
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

Recently we've installed LMS 4.2. And also we've configured archive backup, but jobs weren't successfull. I'm getting error check credentials or increse timeout. But procedure of checking device credentials was successfull. I've checked onl ssh transport for archive is it correct?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I assume you've verified your vty transport and any access lists used on the target devices.

Given that, I'd go into Device Center and fire up a capture session for traffic from LMS to your switch and then run an on demand configuration sync for that one switch.

Examine the output in Wireshark (.jet file can be opened there) to see what's going on under the covers.

You could also watch your switch logs, possibly turning on debug for AAA.

Here is screenshots of check credentials and archive report

Can you tell please, how can i run debug for achive config?

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be long to troubleshoot if you talk about various devices. You have to target device by device as reason of failure may differ for each device.

1. Run a job to archive config from a device and share the screenshot of result, if fail.

2. Share the DCMAService.log from server, also enable debug before you run the job for syncarchive.

3. Open device in Device centre and run a credential verification job to see if it succeeds.

4. Try to increase the timeout for telnet and read delay to almost double of what is configured.

Share the result once this is checked.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **