Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS Traps

Greeting

I`m actually starting with CiscoWorks

Everything is setup properly and nice just missing something !!!!!

from the DFM i still can`t see the trap of my device and some of my devices are still in the unknown state (but via topology service i can see them) and the same switch model is also known

Can someone please help me out

I actually did an update for CiscoWorks and for the devices as well ,....just a side note i`m using CiscoWorks LMS 3.2

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what traps you expect to see.  DFM is not a general-purpose trap receiver.  It will process some SNMP traps, but most of the events it produces come from SNMP and ICMP polling.  These events will only be generated for devices in a Known state.

If you are seeing devices drop to a Questioned state, make sure they are ICMP reachable (i.e. pingable) from the LMS server.  Unlike other modules in LMS, DFM requires that all devices be pingable on their management interfaces (i.e. the IP address in DCR).  If you have Windows Firewall enabled, you will need to explicitly allow ICMP echo requests outbound and ICMP echo replies inbound for DFM to function properly.

If you are using SNMPv3 on your devices, you must make sure each device has a unique engineID (use "show snmp engineID" to confirm).  If there are any duplicates, you must remove the devices from DFM, set a unique engineID, reconfigure your SNMP users, then re-add the device to DFM.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card