cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco_MemoryPools PercentFree 0

cherie13653
Level 1
Level 1

Our network management platform is sending alerts for Cisco Memory Pools (CiscoMem-reserved; CiscoMem-image; Cisco_MemoryPools_SNMP-reserved; Cisco_MemoryPools_SNMP-image) all showing as 0.0 Percent Free for some ASR 9001 and NCS 540 devices.  When we log in, there does not appear to be any issues with lack of memory overall.  I'm unable to find anything related specifically to the MemoryPools.  On the ASR9K, the mibs for the memory pools are there, but they don't appear to be on the NCS.   Looking for a way to verify if these devices are experiencing issues the the memory pools or if we should just disabled these datapoints in our management platform.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This could be due to bugs in the network management platform too. To verify use snmpget (manually) to check the MIB variables used by the NMS (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

I think on the ASR, you can use the commands:

show memory summary

show processes memory

show memory critical

to view memory usage and status.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card