cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco network setup

Domadea
Level 1
Level 1

So i am trying to build a network as part of a school project but I have run into a couple of problems. One of which Is that i cannot seem to get many connections going to my servers for redundancy, I have looked around and this seems to be a common problem in packet tracer, but i wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good solution? The second problem is that for the life of me i cannot get a firewall working with any of my AP's. So I'm not sure if i have some critical misunderstanding of how firewalls and APs work, or if i just am messing up in packet tracer. My third and final problem is with my network settings. If you look at my picture you can see that i have the design split into 3 floors each with IP ranges and subnet masks. But for the life of me i cannot get those proper and working. As i have been able to get DHCP working for the first and second floor, but only for the first floor's address rang and not its subnet mask. So i know that's a lot, but if anyone has any insight into even one of these problems if would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

first remark: your subnet masks are incorrect, that's why dhcp will not work

it should not be 255.255.255.1, 255.255.255.2, 255.255.255.3, but

ALL should be 255.255.255.0, this will result in adresses within a subnet having the first three octets te same

and the last octet is different per host, resulting in a range from 192.168.<n>.0 - 192.168.<n>.255

I did not look deeper into your setup, maybe with this hint you are able to solve some other issues yourself?