cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 1.2 Generate Traffic Utilization Report ( Graphical )

m.imaduddin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Netpro Communities,

We are doing POC on our customer for wire+wireless network management using cisco Prime Infrastrcuture 1.2.

One of the challange are to create graphical traffic utilization report that can be exported on pdf / excel format for WAN Router and branch router.

I am wondering how to do this on Prime Infrastructure. I know that it can receive netflow and snmp information from router, but i cant find how Cisco PI can generate the report graphically. It can only generate graphical interface utilization for wireless controller only.

I am sharing the report for wireless below:

And for the router, Cisco PI only can generate these report ( via netflow - no graph):

This traffic utilization report is a basic reporting tool for customer, and Cisco is way behind competitor if they cant create this report.

Please enlight me with the informations, any comments are appreciated.

2 Replies 2

m.imaduddin
Level 1
Level 1

I also have tested the legacy Cisco LMS 4.2, and it can generate utilization report per router.

I am wondering why Cisco doesnt migrate this feature to Prime Infrastructure.

Below is the screenshot of traffic utilization report on LMS 4.2.

I need confirmation from anyone that experienced with Prime Infrastructure 1.2 about this feature.

Thanks

Imad

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I bumbed into same problem!

Unfortunetly the PI 1.2 has very poor netflow report capability. It is unusable for report purposes.

I think the developers have never used Netflow analyzer program earlier. :-)

One of best Netflow analyzer program is Srutinizer ( www.plixer.com ) but is not the cheapest.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: