cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.2 Wireless clients connected to an Access point historical data

sljwampa
Level 1
Level 1

We had an access point max out our buildings bandwidth a few days ago.  I am trying to figure what clients were connected to an access point during a specific time frame.  I know the data is there as when I search a mac address I can see all the WAPs that the client has connected to.  I would like to see the reverse.  The WAP history of who connected to it.  We have Cisco Prime 2.2.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Hi @sljwampa

You can use reports for that. On the tab Reports>Reports launch pad you can take a report per Cleint Count, Unique Clients or Busiest Clients, Busiest AP, etc.

All those reports will show clients information and the AP it was connected.

You can choose a precious period or schedule in regular basis.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Right.  I have been looking at those but would really like to see clients connected to specific WAP during specific time.  Any ideas on getting this?  I can see this real time and I know the data is in there somewhere...

The idea of reports is to be able to specify a period of time. What might happen is that data is collect and stored in regular basis around 15 minutes. So, if you are looking for a exactly time, reports may not match.

For exactly time the only way I see it is to run a script pulling the data from WLC directly and store it somewhere.

Sorry I meant a timeframe lets say all clients on a WAP that day or during an certain hour.

But this you can get with report.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: