cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO PRIME 3.1.4 and WS-C2960CX-8PC-L

p.ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we manage several type of Cisco switches on your network with CISCO PRIME Infrastructure v3.1.4 (the last version available).

The category WS-C2960CX-8PC-L is recognized by Cisco PRIME but the configurations archives are not present (No data available). We tested differents versions : 15.2(3)E1,15.2(3)E2) and 15.2(4)E2.

I want to know if there's any 2960CX version than we can get the configuration archive with Cisco PRIME  ?

Best regards

Philippe

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which errors,if any,does prime,display when you look at the device list in the column Last inventory collection ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

"Last Inventory Collection Status" is Completed, see below :

Hi, when I tried to save the archive through a job, I have this result :

- Check the switch logging too using 

# show logging

Also verify wether this device is supported in Prime and or from which device Pack (do you then have the required device pack (e.g.)).

Start with google on : cisco prime compatibilty matrix  

or similar with 'device support' or related googling.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi, I checked the "show logging", we see the PRIME Server request to get the Archive when the job starts (A.A.A.A is the PRIME server IP and USER_A is the account used) :

%SSH-5-SSH2_SESSION: SSH2 Session request from A.A.A.A (tty = 1) using crypto cipher 'aes128-ctr', hmac 'hmac-sha1-96' Succeeded
%SSH-5-SSH2_USERAUTH: User 'USER_A' authentication for SSH2 Session from A.A.A.A (tty = 1) using crypto cipher 'aes128-ctr', hmac 'hmac-sha1-96' Succeeded
%SSH-5-SSH2_CLOSE: SSH2 Session from A.A.A.A (tty = 1) for user 'USER_A' using crypto cipher 'aes128-ctr', hmac 'hmac-sha1-96' closed

I checked also the document : "Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Supported Devices". Cisco Catalyst 2960CX-8PC-L and 8TC-L are both supported.