Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infracstructure (v2.2.2) retreiving IOS image name from API

choywy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to run a report (using Python script) to pull out the IOS image name (or feature set like ipbase or ipservices IOS) of c3750 switches from the PI API... But I can't find where is the API that store this field?

Can some kind soul highlight to me where can I find this in PI API?

Thanks in advance...

5 Replies 5

smp
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there, fellow API user. I am just beginning to learn how to use the API (and Python) myself. I took a quick glance at the API guide, and it looks to me like might be able to get it from "GET Inventory Details". I whipped up a quick script and I was able to get the software version from our WLCs, but I don't have any IOS-based devices in our Inventory so I am unable to confirm definitively.

BTW, I found a more targeted forum resource for API questions in the Developer community. It's not very active, but I got a quick, knowledgeable answer from someone at Cisco to a couple of questions I posted a few days ago. In the Developer community it's in the Networking > Cloud and Systems Management > Prime Infrastructure sub-space.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the quick response...I did try "Inventory Details" but that only give the IOS version (like 12.2(58)SE2) but it didn't tell you is it an IPBASE or IPSERVICES IOS? I need to capture that in my script..

I will try the Dev Com forum....But hopefully someone from this support forum can answer that...

Oooh sorry, I missed that detail in your post. And unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to assist.

Again, sorry, and good luck!

Hi Scott,

I found some fields in the Prime API that capture this IOS feature set informaiton...

It is in the Credential API....But the user must be a "NBI Credential" in order to run this request.

Once you run the API, there is various field "IOSFeatureSet"; "softwareVersionMajor"; "softwareVersionTrain"....

https://x.x.x.x/webacs/api/v1/op/cm/credentials?_docs#GET

Thanks for the info!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: