Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime infrastructure 2.2

tirabor01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I did like to know how i can create a baseline template using Cisco prime infrastructure 2.2 in order to compare configuration of devices.

Also I would like to inquire how I can generate a CLI template and view the CLI template before applying/deploying it to a particular device or devices.

Best Regards,

Tioluwani

2 Replies 2

Scott Plank
Level 1
Level 1

Having just started with Prime not that long ago, I'm afraid I can't help with your first question. However, for your second question:

• Go to Configuration > Templates > Features and Technologies
  • Along the left menu, expand CLI Templates and click on CLI
  • This will bring up a new, blank CLI template to the right of the menu
  • Just fill out the info at the top section, and input your CLI/Velocity code in the bottom section
  • Once you have the code like you want it, click the "Save as New Template" button at the bottom
  • A window will pop-up asking where you want to save it within the "My Templates" folder
  • Once you've selected a location, click the Save button
  • Your window will automatically refresh to show the newly created custom CLI template - you will now have the option to edit your template as needed, or deploy it as-is to PI devices.
  • To deploy the template, select the Deploy button along the bottom
  • A new window will pop up that allows you to prepare and schedule the template. Select the device or devices you wish to deploy to. The devices you have available to deploy to will be based on the Validation Criteria you entered when creating the template.
  • If you opted to use the awesome variables available to CLI templates, you can either enter those for all selected devices in the Value Assignment section, or you can fill out the variables on a per-device basis. You will skip this section if you did not define any variables. If you did use variables, you must click the Apply button at the bottom of this section after you fill in the variables, or you will receive the following error:
    • Mandatory fields are not entered for some devices or you have not saved your changes. To save the changes, click on Apply.
  • In the Schedule section, you can select when the template is deployed - "Now" is the default.
  • Finally, the Job Option section allows you to select how Prime handles a deployment failure, whether you want Prime to save the config to startup after the deployment, and whether you want to initiate a config archive after the deployment.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The type of baseline template is what was known in Prime LMS as a compliance template. Unfortunately, Prime Infrastructure does not yet support that feature (as of the current 2.2 release). Many of us are hoping to see it in Release 3.0, but Cisco has yet to confirm that.

Scott's answer is right on regarding cli templates.