Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0 wrong inventory

MBelyakin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

We have a CIsco Prime Infrastructure 2.1 and the license for 300 devices.
Decided to make an update to version 3.0. This was acquired update L-P-PI3X-LF-100-U (Prime Infra 1.x / 2.x LF LF PI to 3.0 Upg 100 Dev)
As described in the manual:
you need to make a backup of c 2.1 and restore to 2.2, then remove with a 2.2 backup and restore to 3.0.

It was all done.

In the tab Inventory/Device Management/Network Devices/Device Groups/All device does not contain any information about the devices.(image1)

But if you go to the tab Inventory/Device Management/Network Devices/Device Groups/Device Type/Routers/(any chosen category), in this section the hardware information is displayed. Only the IP address and DNS name is empty. (image2)

If you do not do a restore with version 2.2, and to make the import devices tab In the Inventory/Device Management/Network Devices/Device Groups/All device, it will display all devices.(image3)
Search starts to work.

3 Replies 3

it.balakovo
Level 1
Level 1

When I moved from 2.2 to 3, I deleted the old version completely and installed the 3rd version. That is not upgrade.
Pre-just made the esport devices on version 2.2, and then import on version 3.
The license reissued a new one.

I need base PI2.2 and if I unfold PI3.0, the license is not suitable, write"wrong PID"

write"wrong PID"

And you reissued the license for the new Prime?