Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.2

User24571
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have two standalone Cisco Prime.. i.e. Both were as primary and secondary.. but on primary server the database has been corrupted. At this moment, I have OLD Prime as secondary (active) and NEW Prime also as secondary... 

My questions is: how to switch role on NEW Prime to primary, and how configure HA on both servers?

Everything using CLI

4 Replies 4

Hi @User24571

If you don't have those server in HA, don't make sense called them Primary and secondary. If they are in standalone mode, they will work in parallel. 

You can refer to this link to understand HA and Prime:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2/admin/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_2_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_2_AdminGuide_chapter_01010.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.- 

Bill Longman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you installed PI as a secondary, that is all that node will ever be. You will need to install a new primary. You can't make a secondary install become a primary, all it can do is assume the role of a secondary HA server.

If you've reinstalled the new primary machine from scratch, just point the HA configuration to use the existing secondary. Once that is done, the database will resync. Once that is complete, you can tell it to failback to the primary.

Hi Bill,
Hope you are doing good!
Need your support for Cisco Prime 3.2. I have two psychical box and by mistake I configured both the box as primary now I want reset/factory default one box which is suppose to acts as secondary. I have console access of that prime box how I can reset/factory default that box and reconfigure as secondary and will configure the HA. If I reset the box do I need to reinstall all license and need to upgrade IOS code. Please help on this issue.

Regards,
Rahul Wankhade
Regards,
Rahul Wankhade