cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime infrastructure Change severity Switches and hubs - link down alarm

Milton Tizoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want to change the severity of the link down alarm in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3, but in the menu Administration -> System Settings -> Severity Configuration i can not find the alarm. Some body knows where is it? o where i can change the severity of that alarm?

Thanks in advanced.

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I have the same issue - seems that our switches also falls into the category "Switches and Hubs" and there is nowhere to change severity for this alarm category ( only for the switch category )...

Also all alarms reference the switch to "Controller Name" "switch name"...

// D

Hi Daniel,

i finally resolve it, we were looking for the link down alarm for switches and hubs, but on the severity configuration for the category Switch there is an alarm interface operationally down, i don´t know why but by default the severity is informational, if you change it to minor, it works for the link down alarm.

i hope it helps you too.

Regards,

Milton Tizoc.

I tested , and it did not solve the issue.. I still see critical alarm for each link up and down...

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Milton:

There is not a separate category for "switches and hubs", the severity control for switches and hubs is lumped all together in with the wireless LAN controller selection.  Bug CSCuh62074 is open for this, and is being worked.  You may want to sign up for Notifications on this bug. 

Hi Rollin and Daniel,

the first test i did changing the severity was with a new installation, with no devices added and it worked, when i did it in a Prime infrastructure with devices added it didn´t work, well, for this Prime with devices i upgraded it with the patch for 1.3 version and now it works too, the alarms is ok as the alarm severity, this is the link for the patch:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284652876&flowid=38562&softwareid=284272933&release=1.3.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

i hope this helps,

Regards,

Milton Tizoc.