Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure External Backup

basel.alfaqeh1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

i have Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 and i want to save all switches and routers configuration on External Server is it possible ?? and if it possible kindly share with me the steps

thnx 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, thats possible, have a look at Administration>Job Dashboard>System Jobs>Infrastructure, there's a Job called "Device Config Backup-External"

This Job will Export all Device Configs (Text-Files in a Zip) to a external Repository (which you have do define first)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>is it possible ? 

- No , because that's just one of the features Prime does automatically for you (meaning that it saves routers and switches configuration by itself). You should however take backups of cisco prime on a regular basis and or automatically :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/backup_restore.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Support

Catalyst 2960 and 3850 has been added to Cisco Prime but syslog's are still not pulling :

Please see the below output on the switches:
rap logging: level critical, 270 message lines logged
Logging to X.X.X (udp port 514, audit disabled,
link up),
268 message lines logged,
0 message lines rate-limited,
0 message lines dropped-by-MD,
xml disabled, sequence number disabled
filtering disabled
link up),
270 message lines logged,
filtering disabled
link up),
35 message lines logged,
filtering disabled
Logging Source-Interface: VRF Name:

Best regards
VM098

Could there be anything I'm not doing right?

Yes, thats possible, have a look at Administration>Job Dashboard>System Jobs>Infrastructure, there's a Job called "Device Config Backup-External"

This Job will Export all Device Configs (Text-Files in a Zip) to a external Repository (which you have do define first)

@Thomas Hausruckinger wrote:

Hi I don't see this option available in infrastructure system jobs, why is this?

Hi Experts,
Has anyone made a backup of switches using a task from cisco Prime 3.x?

I have approximately 60 switches 2960x Registered switches and it is tedious to enter 1 to 1 and take out the backup, I want it to be something more automated by saving it in a repository within prime or external, but for example I wish the task was like that.
Take a monthly backup of the switches (in .txt) and save them in your Prime storage and then export it or to an external server.

Is this possible? someone has done it

I remain attentive to your valuable support.

regards
Carlos P.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: