cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime infrastructure with HA Cross sites using Vmotion.

marhoonnk
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

i am planning for the deployment of the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 in our organization and we cross the requirements for hte HA. I do understand that the PI has software HA where we can have Physcial/Virtual Servers to deploy it. However, with current technology of VMWARE VMotion on site and also across the sites ( like 2 Data Centers ), the Vmotion is used for lots of applications.

I read that the PI would work with Vmotion across sites , however, the question is : is it supported ? will Cisco support us if we deploy PI 2.2 across sites as HA using vmware vmotion ?

Thanks.

Nabeel Al Marhoon

marhoonnk@sabic.com

+966 13 345 2664

2 Replies 2

dnitti
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Nabeel,

I have the same problem. I opened a TAC case, where Cisco said "the host move should not be causing the issue in the HA". As far as I am experiencing, this is not true. I am testing in may lab, too: after I installed the two VM connected via a distributed switch, HA seems impossible to restore.

Prime is 2.2.0.158.  Hope someone else could help.

bye

ngoldwat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12172606/cisco-prime-infrastructure-faq#Q:6_Will_Prime_Infrastructure_work_with_VMWare_vMotion

Note:  For HA to operate a 1G data connection must always exist between the pair.

Suggestion:  Test your design -- Prime has HA and so does VMware. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: