cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime infrastructure with HA Cross sites using Vmotion.

marhoonnk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i am planning for the deployment of the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 in our organization and we cross the requirements for hte HA. I do understand that the PI has software HA where we can have Physcial/Virtual Servers to deploy it. However, with current technology of VMWARE VMotion on site and also across the sites ( like 2 Data Centers ), the Vmotion is used for lots of applications.

I read that the PI would work with Vmotion across sites , however, the question is : is it supported ? will Cisco support us if we deploy PI 2.2 across sites as HA using vmware vmotion ?

Thanks.

Nabeel Al Marhoon

marhoonnk@sabic.com

+966 13 345 2664

2 Replies 2

dnitti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nabeel,

I have the same problem. I opened a TAC case, where Cisco said "the host move should not be causing the issue in the HA". As far as I am experiencing, this is not true. I am testing in may lab, too: after I installed the two VM connected via a distributed switch, HA seems impossible to restore.

Prime is 2.2.0.158.  Hope someone else could help.

bye

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12172606/cisco-prime-infrastructure-faq#Q:6_Will_Prime_Infrastructure_work_with_VMWare_vMotion

Note:  For HA to operate a 1G data connection must always exist between the pair.

Suggestion:  Test your design -- Prime has HA and so does VMware.