Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Integration with Service Now

Tayyab Rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

what are the possible ways to integrate Cisco Prime with Service Now (ITSM)? 

can we do it by email based ?

Thanks

TR

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- No direct integration possible ; I'd start by using e-mail notifications to service now to start with , it's by far the simplest  thing to do , when trying to let 2 so complex environments communicate with each other.

Well actually   I know how to close a ticket through e-mail; but not how to create one in SNOW via e-mail.                           Ask your SNOW-provider for advise (if possible).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks marce,

Let me check and come back to you

In theory you can have a host query the PI API for notifications, and create/update servicenow tickets using the servicenow API.

Post back if you you get it to work!!

It has been about 18 months from the last post on it. By chance has Cisco added this feature in Prime Infrastructure 3.5 or 3.6?

We would like to have ServiceNow pull inventory information from Prime.

mitkomitashki
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Prime is the most irritating product ever! We are using Cisco Prime and SolarWinds and I am 1000% sure that SolarWinds is much better in any aspect! SolarWinds got ServiceNow integration out-of-the box. Speaking for Cisco Prime - this useless product sends emails which cannot be formatted to meet your needs and to make it worse - events are sometimes combined in one email?! I have more than 17 years of Cisco experience and still waiting for good Cisco management software... Keeping the hope alive... Year 2018 and Cisco software engineers are still thinking that creating incidents by sending emails is something innovative..........................

same experiance...

What version Prime are you running? 3.0 and in some instances 3.1 were not very good. 3.2-3.3+ are quite stable and worth it for my organization but we mostly use it for administration / OS repository/ OS integrity / ISE - client diagnosis / emailed alerts (up/down/link/trunk/config changes/logins and a few other custom alerts which we created and a few we can't figure out how to get rid of =). All infrastructure is Cisco except wireless, which ironically is supposed to be the best feature of the suite.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card