cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime lms 4.1 change IP address

luisalviarez
Level 1
Level 1

I install cisco prime lms 4.1 on server VMware on windows, initialy install whit IP 10.100.101.26 but I need change IP address of this server, when I change IP address on server I can't access to web administrator.

We need doing previous change on application afther change IP address ??? or I need reinstall whit new IP address

Besta regards             

3 Replies 3

I can only talk for PI1.2/3, here no further steps are necessary after IP reconfiguration.

Can you access via SSH?

Regards

Sebastian

Karl Schuman
Level 1
Level 1

You should always shut down the daemons first and then change the IP address from the CLI. You can then restart the daemons and it should work fine. Also make sure you change the default GW if this is on a different subnet. I have found that this and many other versions require you to clear the web cache on your browser before it will allow you to access the GUI again. Give that a shot and let us know if it works.

Best regrads, Karl

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Luis,

This question is actually specifically addressed in the FAQ section of the Admin Guide. Please refer here where it states:

Q. Do I need to change the Cisco Prime configuration after changing the IP address?

A. You need not change the Cisco Prime configuration whenever you change the IP address. Cisco Prime uses hostname for most of the communication. Only devices need to point to the new IP address. However, after changing the IP address, you must reboot the system on a Solaris server and restart the Daemon Manager on a Windows server. This is to make the changes effective.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card