Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 integration with Netflow

Dear ALL,

My requirments are as below:

1- Deploy LMS 4.2 into the network and discover the exisiting devices like switches and routers

2- Configure Netflow on cisco switches with collector destination being the LMS 4.2

I went through the configuration guide of LMS 4.2 but couldn't find the detailed steps to do that. My main requirement is to setup LMS as the Netflow collector for cisco switches/routers doing Netflow. Can that be done? If yes, please share the related links.

Thanks,

Mohammad

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, LMS doesn't support Netflow collection. It cannot handle the NetFlow traffic.

Cisco has another product - Cisco Network Analysis Module which can support Netflow traffic for traffic analysis.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

AFAIK ..NAM module IP

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

AFAIK, LMS 4.x does not have  NetFlow integration.

to add the device in LMS ,you can use device discovery , check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-0/user/guide/getting_started/gsug/managdevicegrps.html#wp1055264

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9005

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, LMS doesn't support Netflow collection. It cannot handle the NetFlow traffic.

Cisco has another product - Cisco Network Analysis Module which can support Netflow traffic for traffic analysis.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thank you guys,

I was wondering because I was reading through:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/guide_c07-714720.html

It mentions the assurance license that can be installed on Prime 1.2 and NAMs can be integrated

So, if I installed Prime 1.2 or Prime 2.0, I will be able to integrate the prime with Cisco NAM and aggregate Netflow traffic?

I mean the destination IP address in Netflow configuration of switch will be the IP address of the NAM not the Prime 1.2/2.0 itself, am I right?

Thanks,

Mohammad

Yes with Asssaurace license in PI  ,it will work

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks Afroz,

And the destination IP address of Netflow will be the Prime address itself of the NAM module IP address?

Thanks.

AFAIK ..NAM module IP

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: