Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 - Topology Layer2 view missing links

bruno.pena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a problem with the Layer2 view of the Topology java applet in Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.

The Layer2 view shows all the ethernet interfaces links but not the ones in the serial interfaces.

All devices have CDP and SNMP (read-only) enabled, and theirs neighbors can be seen with "show cdp neighbors" in both sides of those links.

Does anyone already had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Thank you!!

5 Replies 5

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

I found that sometimes when campus gets it wrong during a topology discovery  it can not recover from that anymore.

Removing the device from the DCR and re-adding it can resolve the issue by making campus start from scratch for that device.

Cheers,

Michel

We have just tried your suggestion, but it didn't solve the issue.

Digging some more into the LMS, we found that the serial interfaces are not showing up in the Switch Port Report of the devices (only Ethernet and VLAN interfaces are shown), even though the serial modules are correctly shown by the Detailed Device Report.

We have several devices with this issue (different models and IOS versions):

2800 - IOS 12.4(15)T10

2900 - IOS 15.0(1)M4

3845 - IOS 12.4(25b)

3900 - IOS 15.0(1)M4

Any other ideas?

Not really,

I trust you deleted both devices where the link was were missing, both sides of the link?

I've had a few times the situation when links were moved and the new link was not displayed. It worked when I delete both ends of the link and rediscovered these devices.

You already establshed that both sides show the link in their CDP table so I guess you encounter a new bug.

Best open a TAC case.

What is also very important for Campus (Topology) is that all devices have a unique system name. The name you see displayed as a prompt when you connect to the device.

Multiple devices that are called switch or router will confuse Campus, even if their DNS or displayname is different.

Cheers,

Michel

Yes, we've deleted the devices on both sides of the missing links and added them back, but unfortunatelly it didn't work.

My guess is that you're probably right and we've found a new bug in the software.

I'll open a case to fix this.

Thank you for your answers!

Hi Bruno!

Try to update LMS to Prime LMS 4.2.5