Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime - User Tracking for N5K

Greg Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.4. It isn't getting any user tracking information from our Nexus 5K's. Should it be able to?

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes ,user tracking is supported for Nexus in LMS 4.2.4 .

what is the NX-OS code you are running ?

Are you able to see the device under Data collection list ?   {Admin > Collection Settings > User Tracking > Acquisition Action}

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Afroz,

Doesn't user Tracking require the SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB on the target device(s)? That was only introduced in NX-OS 6.02 on the Nexus 5000 platform. Reference.

Marvin ,

you are correct ,Nexus OS have to be atleast 6.02   :)  

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

Thanks for you help everyone. Our problems is that we are only on 5.2.1.

Thanks,

Ian

Indeed.

As I noted and Arfroz confirmed, the User Tracking functionality requires the target device supports the SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB. If that is important to you, then an upgrade is in order.

It's not a big deal to upgrade - just schedule some downtime and knock it out. The actual upgrade process only takes about 15 minutes per Nexus 5k. I usually schedule 1-2 hours for a pair of them just to allow myself time for some testing (and backout if necessary). I've done about dozen or two 5k upgrades and never had a problem yet - it's a very straightforward process.

Hi There,

Just to clarify, we are having an issue with 5010 nexus'. When they were running version 4.2 we were unable to get user tracking info. We've now upgraded to the latest available version 5.2. One device is able to get user tracking information and another isn't. We also have a 5596 running 5.2 that is unable to get user tracking information. Any ideas?

SJ

I believe the 5596 requires NX-OS 6.02. Laso, you will only get user tracking if the end devices' gateway is discovered. (May or may not be the Nexus 5k)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card