cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoUnifiedComputingMIB

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get the PSU status and getting odd responses. Is there a table that list what the responses mean to a specific query. 

I have a number of C series servers. I use SNMP to index the PSU and tell me the status. 

Server 1.

PSU Index = 1

PSU Index = 2

PSU1 status = 1

PSU2 status = 5

CIMC tells me that PSU2 has "input lost". That makes me assume that 5 = down or no power.

Server 2.

PSU Index = 1

PSU Index = 2

PSU1 status = 5

PSU2 status = 5

CIMC tells me that both are Present/ Normal... This tells me that 5 does not mean down....

Any help would be appreciated as I am unable to find any documentation on that the responses actually mean.

3 Replies 3

Allen A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I normally use the SNMP object navigator, however it doesn't seem to be returning any info about the OIDs for this MIB.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719

What OIDs are you using?

-Allen

I am using the following to get the PSU Identifier

cucsEquipmentPsuId - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.56.1.5

Then the following to grab the operational state.

cucsEquipmentPsuOperState - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.56.1.7

I believe the issue may be that the state does not represent power present, but rather that it is a working power supply, whether it is receiving power or not. 

Maybe a bit late but could be worth looking at Bug CSCun73331 : "EP: SNMP PSU Table values are not consistent after AC Power cycle"

I was having a similar issue and the workaround did it for me.