cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2000 on Win 2k3

ejimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we recently adcquired a server Win 2k3, we are doing an initial ciscowoks 2000 installation. This is posible?, I obtain an error: Cannot load Global properties. Can anyboby help us?

Regards

Edgar

10 Replies 10

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What version of Common Services are you trying to install? If it is 3.x, then Win 2k3 is supported.

Thanks Nhabib...

Where can I obtain this info?... The first screen in mention was solved, but now in middle of installation appear other window: "Ciscoworks2000 only can be installed in Windows 2000 SP1 or Windows NT SP6a or later".

Cheers

Edgar

Looks like you are installing an old version of the software. What does it say on the CD?

Tks nhabib,

CD say:

CiscoWorks2000 CD One Includes CiscoView 4th Edition Windows.

This software was functioning good (in WinNT) untill we buyed a new server with Win 2k3.

Now, the installation process notify me that I need a Win 2k SP1 o Win NT.

That is true, don?t exist any other solution?.

I will apreciate your comments... thanks

Edgar

You will not be able to run LMS 2.1 (the version you have) on Windows 2003. You will need to upgrade to LMS 2.6 to get Windows 2003 support.

Ooops!!!

Hi clark, And Can I download this updates or I have to buy it????...

I have all solution for this version of CW:

CW Campus Manager v3.1

CW Rsource Manager Essential v3.3

CW Content Flow Monitor v1.2

CW Device Fault Manager v1.1

nGenius Real-Time Manager v1.2

What will happend whit all that products?... exist update too??...

Thanks for your help..!!!

Edgar

There is no upgrade path from what you have to LMS 2.6. Therefore, you will have to buy the LMS 2.6 package.

LMS 2.6 provides an upgrade to everything but nGenius and Content Flow Monitor. We stopped selling the Netscout nGenius product since our Network Analysis Modules have built-in management interfaces, and we now offer a mini-RMON configurator in LMS as part of CiscoView. The features of Content Flow Monitor were moved to the appliance-based Hosting Solution Engine.

Hmm ok, thank you very much...

Regards

Edgar

I also have an issue with installation on Windows server 2003.

1.were running Ciscoworks ok on a Win 2003 server with the LMS 2.5 maintance kit .

2. Had server failure lost disk (Server admins told me the backups were "invalid")

3. Need to reinstall - the 2.5 upgrades only support Common services upgrade - no CD 1 included.

4. The CD 1 will not install on Win 2003.

Is there any way around this without purchasing the 2.6 package?

You can install the 2.5 CD's clean without upgrading from LMS 2.2 on Windows 2003.

However, you will need to validate your LMS 2.5 upgrade license from an LMS 2.2 cd or remote server if not upgrading directly.

Once you have installed 2.5 and validate the license you can install server packs and mega patches to get up to LMs 2.6