cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2000 password recovery

jbiederstedt
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a windows system running Ciscoworks 2000 (RME3.4). The admin password is not known. The directions I found at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_password_recovery09186a0080107dee.shtml

did not work. Is there any other way to recover the admin password, short of wiping and re-installing CW2k?

Any info will be very appreciated.

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

If you don't mind attaching your cwpass file to this, I can probably reverse engineer the password for you.

In the cwpass file

\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\cwpass

if you replace your admin line with this:

admin:0DPiKuNIrrVmD8IUCuw1hQxNqZc=::::F::

Your password is admin.

Cheers

Michel

Replacing the admin line in cwpass didn't work. Trying to login as admin with the password admin didn't work. Removing the password field altogether for admin didn't work either. Removing the cwpass file had not effect - I could still login as guest with no pass, interestingly enough. Its almost as though cw2k doesn't really use the cwpass file.

I'm aslo having problems with password authentication on CISCOWORKS LMS. RME ver 3.5.

All passwords, including admin, ceasaed to function 5 days ago and I now have an expensive anchor.

I tried replacing the admin password with

ODPiKuNirrVmD8IUCuw1hQxNqZc=::::F:: with no effect, remained locked out. I also tried changing the "guest" password, this also failed. It seems like all passwords timed out although I had the password time to never. Has anyone else had similar problems and overcome them ?

Mike

I'm leary about sending any password-related info, nhabib. However, if you've got any tips on how to decode it, I'd be interested (as would many, I'm sure).

Thanks,

John

jbiederstedt
Level 1
Level 1

Following the instructions from cisco and from miheg and replacing the admin line in the cwpass file with:

admin:0DPiKuNIrrVmD8IUCuw1hQxNqZc=::::F::

resets the admin password to "cisco", not "admin", contrary to the indications from cisco.

Thanks everyone for pitching in,

John

P.S. If anyone who works for cisco reads these forums, they may want to find a way to correct the above referenced instructions.

I'm sorry John,

I must have had a little slip of the mind there.

Michel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card